Foot orthoses are widely used in the prevention and treatment of foot and lower limb disorders.
Prescription orthotics / insoles are used to correct the biomechanics of the leg and relieve the pain associated with its dysfunction. Orthotic devices can vary from simple arch supports to customized insoles.
Our chartered physiotherapists have post-graduate training in this area and will provide you with a comprehensive consultation.
Your orthotic evaluation will include:
- A detailed biomechanical evaluation of the structure of your feet
- Analysis of how your feet affect the posture and movement of your body as a whole
- Manufacture of your orthotic to your specifications
Conditions often treated by orthotics are:
- Metatarsalgia (Pain in the ball of the foot)
- Tired/ Aching feet and legs
- Hallux Abducto- Valgus (Bunions)
- Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Pain)
- Patello- femoral Mal-alignment (Knee cap pain)
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
- Pes Planus (Flat feet)
- Lumbar-Sacral Pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis of the ankle, knee and hip